Tim Blair White is a Chief Information Officer (CIO) with 25+ years of experience helping mid-size businesses realize their technology goals. Tim specializes in delivering state-of-the-art web technology and computing infrastructure solutions.
Tim is currently the CIO for L.N. Curtis & sons – the leading provider of emergency responder equipment in the Western United States and to the U.S. Government worldwide. He also provides part-time CIO consulting services to select clients.
His strategic and practical expertise has re-shaped L.N. Curtis & sons into a tech savvy company with a successful ERP migration to the NetSuite ERP cloud based solution with a complete IT infrastructure upgrade across 12 offices with 200 users and migrating key services to the Cloud while leveraging SaaS products to streamline business operations.
During his six year CIO tenure at eRepublic, he dramatically upgraded the company’s web presence across all nine company websites (4 media sites, 2 SaaS portals and 3 corporate) and upgraded the company’s computing infrastructure serving over 6,300 users.
Tim has held a number of Senior Software Engineering positions: Stanislaus Superior Court, Hughes Network Systems, Cable & Wireless and Aspect Telecommunications. He has also provided service to IBM, Nasa Ames, Microsoft, American Express, Goodrich Aerospace and O2.
Significant career accomplishments include:
- Smooth ERP migration from the legacy Infor SXe system to the cloud based NetSuite ERP solution for 3 subsidiaries, 200 users, 12 offices, 10 warehouses, 52 sales trucks and 15 service trucks with comprehensive user training and adoption.
- Migrated three mid-size companies to Salesforce.com CRM and another to NetSuite CRM for all sales staff with expert training and excellent user adoption.
- Company wide telecommunications upgrade to Voice Over IP (VoIP) technology saving the company over $120,000 per year in operating costs.
- Spearheaded the successful development and launch of a custom SaaS product fully integrated with Salesforce.com for over 6,300 users.
- Launched the award-winning Emergencymgmt.com website in less than 4 months with all design and development done in-house. The site was awarded a Digital Azbee Award for Best New Website in 2009!
- Completed in just 6 months a full $200 thousand redesign of the Govtech.com website. The website surpassed the corresponding print revenue and grossed $2.7 million in annual revenues.
- To resolve persistent network instability at eRepublic, designed and implemented a $250 thousand network upgrade from the ground up. This saved the company $70 thousand in annual operating expenses.
- Took on the most senior software role for the newly established Aspect Telecom London office and spearheaded all necessary software changes for successfully launching the ACD product in England and Holland. Concurrently, established and ran the Customer Operations Support Center in London for the first year of operation.
Tim has a proven record of establishing and getting tech teams back on track delivering excellent IT services and products. He has a superior record of managing multiple large-scale, mission-critical projects.
He graduated with honors from the University of Pacific with a degree in Computer Science and Mathematics. Is a Sun certified Java programmer and a SalesForce trained system administrator.
Tim and his wife love the outdoors, especially hiking and photographing nature in the Sierras and the Rocky Mountains. He takes professional quality landscape, people and travel photographs: see Timothy Blair White Photography. Tim takes a very active role in community service and is always ready to help others.